The Lord Is My Shepherd
1The LORD is a my shepherd;
b I shall not want.2c He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
d He leads me beside the still waters.3He restores my soul;
e He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of f the shadow of death,
g I will fear no evil;
h For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5You i prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You j anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
- Cross References
But He made His own people go forth like sheep,...
Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, You who lead Jo...
He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will...
For thus says the Lord GOD: "Indeed I Myself wi...
As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he...
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives...
1 Peter 2:25
For you were like sheep going astray, but have ...
They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst an...
"for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne...
- Cross References
Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him.
The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Cross References
Psalms 65:11 - 13
You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance.
I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel.
- Cross References
"for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
- Cross References
Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face.
For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name's sake, Lead me and guide me.
I traverse the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice.
- Cross References
May darkness and the shadow of death claim it; May a cloud settle on it; May the blackness of the day terrify it.
Before I go to the place from which I shall not return, To the land of darkness and the shadow of death.
A land as dark as darkness itself, As the shadow of death, without any order, Where even the light is like darkness.'
For the morning is the same to them as the shadow of death; If someone recognizes them, They are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
But You have severely broken us in the place of jackals, And covered us with the shadow of death.
- Cross References
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
- Cross References
I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
- Cross References
And wine that makes glad the heart of man, Oil to make his face shine, And bread which strengthens man's heart.
- Cross References
But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil.
You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil.
Book of Psalms, chapter 23 verse 1
"The Lord is my shepherd" redirects here. For other uses, see The Lord is My Shepherd (disambiguation).
This article is about Psalm 23 in Hebrew (Masoretic) numbering. For Psalm 23 in Greek Septuagint or Latin Vulgate numbering, see Psalm 24.
Illustration from The Sunday at Home, 1880
|Other name||"Dominus reget me"|
|Written||around 1000 BC|
|Text||attributed to King David|
Psalm 23 is the 23rd psalm of the Book of Psalms, beginning in English in the King James Version: "The Lord is my shepherd". In Latin, it is known by the incipit, "Dominus reget me". The Book of Psalms is part of the third section of the Hebrew Bible, and a book of the ChristianOld Testament. In the slightly different numbering system used in the Greek Septuagint and Latin Vulgate translations of the Bible, this psalm is Psalm 22.
Like many psalms, Psalm 23 is used in both Jewish and Christian liturgies. It has often been set to music. It has been called the best-known of the psalms for its universal theme of trust in God.
Hebrew Bible version
The following is the Hebrew text of Psalm 23:
|1||מִזְמ֥וֹר לְדָוִ֑ד יְהֹוָ֥ה רֹ֜עִ֗י לֹ֣א אֶחְסָֽר|
|2||בִּנְא֣וֹת דֶּ֖שֶׁא יַרְבִּיצֵ֑נִי עַל־מֵ֖י מְנֻח֣וֹת יְנַֽהֲלֵֽנִי|
|3||נַפְשִׁ֥י יְשׁוֹבֵ֑ב יַנְחֵ֥נִי בְמַעְגְּלֵי־צֶ֜֗דֶק לְמַ֣עַן שְׁמֽוֹ|
|4||גַּ֚ם כִּֽי־אֵלֵ֨ךְ בְּגֵ֪יא צַלְמָ֡וֶת לֹא־אִ֘ירָ֚א רָ֗ע כִּי־אַתָּ֥ה עִמָּדִ֑י שִׁבְטְךָ֥ וּ֜מִשְׁעַנְתֶּ֗ךָ הֵ֣מָּה יְנַֽחֲמֻֽנִי|
|5||תַּֽ֘עֲרֹ֤ךְ לְפָנַ֨י שֻׁלְחָ֗ן נֶ֥גֶד צֹֽרְרָ֑י דִּשַּׁ֖נְתָּ בַשֶּׁ֥מֶן רֹ֜אשִׁ֗י כּוֹסִ֥י רְוָיָֽה |
|6||אַ֚ךְ ט֣וֹב וָחֶ֣סֶד יִ֖רְדְּפוּנִי כָּל־יְמֵ֣י חַיָּ֑י וְשַׁבְתִּ֖י בְּבֵית־יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה לְאֹ֣רֶךְ יָמִֽים|
King James Version
- A Psalm of David.
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Interpretation of themes
The theme of God as a shepherd was common in ancient Israel and Mesopotamia. For example, King Hammurabi, in the conclusion to his famous legal code, wrote: "I am the shepherd who brings well-being and abundant prosperity; my rule is just.... so that the strong might not oppress the weak, and that even the orphan and the widow might be treated with justice." This imagery and language was well known to the community that created the Psalm, and was easily imported into its worship.
Psalm 23 portrays God as a good shepherd, feeding (verse 1) and leading (verse 3) his flock. The "rod and staff" (verse 4) are also the implements of a shepherd. Some commentators see the shepherd imagery pervading the entire psalm. It is known that the shepherd is to know each sheep by name, thus when God is given the analogy of a shepherd, he is not only a protector but also the caretaker. God, as the caretaker, leads the sheep to green pastures (verse 2) and still waters (verse 2) because he knows that each of his sheep must be personally led to be fed. Thus, without its shepherd, the sheep would die either by a predator or of starvation, since sheep are known for their helplessness without their shepherd.
J. Douglas MacMillan argues that verse 5 ("Thou preparest a table before me") refers to the "old oriental shepherding practice" of using little raised tables to feed sheep.: 78 Similarly, "Thou anointest my head with oil" may refer to an ancient form of backliner – the oil is poured on wounds, and repels flies. MacMillan also notes that verse 6 ("Goodness and mercy shall follow me") reminds him of two loyal sheepdogs coming behind the flock.: 82
The header or first verse of the Psalm ascribes authorship to King David, said in the Hebrew Scriptures to have been a field shepherd himself as a youth. However, some scholars do not agree with this attributed authorship, and hypothesize various other possibilities, commonly dating it to the post-exilic period.
Taken together, Psalms 22, 23 and 24 are seen by some as shepherd psalms, where the good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep as suffering servant and king.
Uses in Judaism
Psalm 23 is traditionally sung during the third Shabbat meal as well as before first and second in some of the Jewish communities. It is also commonly recited in the presence of a deceased person, such as by those keeping watch over the body before burial, and at the funeral service itself.
Uses in Christian tradition
For Christians the image of God as a shepherd evokes connections not only with David but with Jesus, described as "Good Shepherd" in the Gospel of John. The phrase about "the valley of the shadow of death" is often taken as an allusion to the eternal life given by Jesus.
Orthodox Christians typically include this Psalm in the prayers of preparation for receiving the Eucharist.
The Reformation inspired widespread efforts in western Europe to make biblical texts available in vernacular languages. One of the most popular early English versions was the Geneva Bible (1557). The most widely recognized version of the psalm in English today is undoubtedly the one drawn from the King James Bible (1611).
In the Roman Catholic Church, this psalm is sung as a responsorial in Masses for the dead. In the Church of England's Book of Common Prayer, it is appointed to be read on the evening of the fourth day of the month.
The psalm is a popular passage for memorization and is often used in sermons.
Use in funerals
In the twentieth century, Psalm 23 became particularly associated with funeral liturgies in the English-speaking world, and films with funeral scenes often depict a graveside recitation of the psalm. Official liturgies of English-speaking churches were slow to adopt this practice, though. The Book of Common Prayer has only Psalms 39 and 90 in its order for the burial of the dead, and in the Episcopal Church in the United States, Psalm 23 was not used for funerals until the 1928 revision of the prayer book.
Main article: Metrical psalter
In Christianity, a number of paraphrased versions of Psalm 23 emerged after the Protestant Reformation in the form of Metrical psalms — poetic versions that could be set to hymn tunes. An early metrical version of the psalm in English was made in 1565 by Thomas Sternhold. Other notable metrical versions to emerge from this period include those from The Bay Psalm Book (1640), the Sidney Psalms by Philip Sidney, and settings by George Herbert and Isaac Watts.
One of the best known metrical versions of Psalm 23 is the Christian hymn, "The Lord's My Shepherd", a translation first published in the 1650 Scottish Psalter. Although widely attributed to the English ParliamentarianFrancis Rous, the text was the result of significant editing by a translating committee in the 1640s before publication. The hymn is one of the most popular hymns amongst English-speaking congregations today, and it is traditionally sung to the hymn tuneCrimond, generally attributed to Jessie Seymour Irvine. Other melodies, such as Brother James' Air or Amazing Grace, Belmont, Evan, Martyrdom, Orlington, and Wiltshire may also be used.
Another popular Christian hymn to be based on Psalm 23 is "The King of Love My Shepherd Is" by Henry Baker (1868).
|Sternhold and Hopkins (1628)||Bay Psalm Book (1640)||Rous Psalter (1643)||The Scottish Psalter (1650)|
The Lord is only my support,
The Lord to me a shepherd is,
My Shepherd is the Living Lord
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want;
Liturgical and classical
- Bach: Cantata No.112 Der Herr ist mein getreuer Hirt, BWV 112
- James Leith Macbeth Bain: hymn tune Brother James' Air
- Rabbi Ben Zion Shenker: Notable performance by Itzhak Perlman and Cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot
- Lennox Berkeley: Op. 91, No. 1 (1975)
- Bernstein: Chichester Psalms (Hebrew, in Part 2, together with Psalm 2)
- Bruckner: Psalm 22Der Herr regieret mich WAB 34 (c. 1852)
- Noah Creshevsky: Psalm XXIII (2003)
- Paul Creston: Psalm XXIII (1945)
- Dvořák: verses 1–4, No. 4 of his Biblical Songs (1894)
- Herbert Howells: Hymnus Paradisi
- Jessie Seymour Irvine: hymn tune Crimond
- Friedrich Kiel: verse 4 in No. 1 of his Six Motets, Op. 82
- Albert Hay Malotte
- Clément Marot (in Latin)
- George Rochberg
- Miklós Rózsa
- Edmund Rubbra: Three Psalms, Op. 61 (No. 2)
- John Rutter: The Lord Is My Shepherd (1978), included in his Requiem (1985)
- Franz Schubert: "Gott meine Zuversicht" ("Gott ist mein Hirt", 1820) (German text by Moses Mendelssohn)
- Charles Villiers Stanford: "The Lord is my shepherd" (1886)
- Randall Thompson
- Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Alexander Zemlinsky: Op. 14, (1910) for chorus and orchestra
- Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach: Gam Ki Elech b'Gey Tzalmavet Lo Irah Rah Ki Atah Imadi. גם כי אלך
- 1958: Duke Ellington – "Part VI" from Black, Brown and Beige with Mahalia Jackson
- 1966: The Moody Blues – "23rd Psalm" from the album The Magnificent Moodies deLuxe Edition (not released until 2014)
- 1966: Ed Ames – "My Cup Runneth Over" RCA Victor single from the Musical Production "I Do!, I Do!"
- 1972: Dave Cousins – "Lay Down" from the album Bursting at the Seams
- 1977: Dennis Brown – "Here I Come" from the album Wolf & Leopards
- 1977: Peter Tosh – "Jah Guide" from the album Equal Rights
- 1977: Pink Floyd – "Sheep" from the album Animals
- 1978: Patti Smith Group – "Privilege (Set Me Free)" from the album Easter
- 1980: Grateful Dead – "Alabama Getaway" from the album Go to Heaven
- 1981: Venom – "Welcome To Hell" from the album Welcome to Hell
- 1982: Keith Green – "The Lord is my shepherd" from the album Songs for the Shepherd
- 1983: Marillion – "Forgotten Sons" from the album Script for a Jester's Tear
- 1985: Judy Collins – "The Lord is my shepherd" from the album Amazing Grace
- 1988: Diamanda Galás – "The Lord is my shepherd" from the album You Must Be Certain of the Devil
- 1988: U2 – "Love Rescue Me" from the album Rattle and Hum
- 1989: Lil' Louis – "Blackout" from the album From The Mind Of Lil Louis
- 1990: Bobby McFerrin – "The 23rd Psalm" from the album Medicine Music
- 1993: Alpha Blondy – "Psaume 23" from the album Jerusalem
- 1993: Christian Death – Psalm (Maggot's Lair) from album Path of Sorrows
- 1993: Midnight Oil – "In the Valley" from album Earth and Sun and Moon
- 1994: Howard Goodall – theme to The Vicar of Dibley, later covered by Katherine Jenkins and The Choirboys
- 1995: Coolio feat. L.V. – "Gangsta's Paradise"
- 1995: Michael W. Smith – "As It Is In Heaven" from I'll Lead You Home
- 1995: Tupac Shakur – "So Many Tears" from the album Me Against The World
- 1996: Cissy Houston, (Whitney Houston's mother) – "The Lord is my shepherd" from The Preacher's Wife: Original Soundtrack Album
- 1996: Staind “Four Walls” from the album Tormented
- 1997: Christopher Wallace (The Notorious B.I.G.) – "You're Nobody ('Til Somebody Kills You)" from the album Life After Death
- 1998: Colin Mawby – recording with Charlotte Church
- 1998: Kathy Troccoli – "Psalm 23" from Corner of Eden
- 1999: E Nomine – "Psalm 23" from the album Das Testament
- 1999: Jonathan Elias – "Forgiveness" from the album The Prayer Cycle
- 1999: Ky-mani Marley – "Lord is my shepherd" from the album The Journey
- 2000: Mark Knopfler – "Baloney Again" from the album Sailing to Philadelphia
- 2000: Marilyn Manson – "In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death" from the album Holy Wood
- 2001: Dan Nichols – "Psalm 23" from the album Be Strong
- 2002: Boards of Canada – "From One Source All Things Depend" from the album Geogaddi
- 2003: Lucinda Williams – "Atonement" from the album World Without Tears
- 2004: Kanye West – "Jesus Walks" from the album The College Dropout
- 2004: Megadeth – "Shadow of Deth" from the album The System Has Failed
- 2004: OverClocked Remix – "Beneath the Surface (Aquatic Ambiance)" from Kong in Concert
- 2005: Ministry (band) – "No W (Redux)" from Rantology
- 2007: Group 1 Crew – "Forgive Me" from the album Group 1 Crew
- 2007: Dream Theater – "In The Presence Of Enemies Part 2" from the album Systematic Chaos
- 2008: Jon Foreman – "The House of God, Forever" from the EP, Summer
- 2008: The Offspring – "Hammerhead" from the album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
- 2009: India.Arie, MC Lyte – "Psalms 23" from the album Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics
- 2009: Rick Ross – "Valley of Death" from the album Deeper Than Rap
- 2010: Nas & Damian Marley – "Strong Will Continue" from the album Distant Relatives
- 2011: Hollywood Undead – "Hear Me Now" from the album American Tragedy
- 2012: Shawn James – "Through the Valley" from the album Shadows
- 2016: The Last Shadow Puppets – "Everything You've Come to Expect" from the album of the same name
- ^Parallel Latin/English Psalter / Psalmus 22 (23) medievalist.net
- ^Heller, Rebbetzin Tziporah (3 August 2002). "The Lord is My Shepherd". Aish.com. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- ^"Tehillim – Psalms – Chapter 23". Chabad.org. 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- ^"Hammurabi's Code, circa 1780BC". history.hanover.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^ abJ. Douglas MacMillan (1988), The Lord of Shepherd, Bryntirion: Evangelical Press of Wales
- ^Morgenstern, Julian (March 1946). "Psalm 23". Journal of Biblical Literature. 65 (1): 13–24. doi:10.2307/3262214. JSTOR 3262214.
- ^"The Shepherd Psalms (Psalms 22, 23, and 24) | Plymouth Brethren Writings".
- ^Abramowitz, Rabbi Jack (2018). "Possibly the Most Famous Psalm of All". Orthodox Union. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- ^Jungreis, Rebbetzin Esther (18 April 2011). "The Tragic Vacuum (Part Four)". The Jewish Press. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- ^Olitzky, Kerry M.; Raphael, Marc Lee; Raphael, Marc (2000). An Encyclopedia of American Synagogue Ritual. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 188. ISBN .
- ^Lamm, Maurice. "Jewish Funeral Service & Eulogy". Chabad.org. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- ^Church of England, Book of Common Prayer: The Psalter as printed by John Baskerville in 1762, pp. 196ff
- ^ ab"'Psalms Compared: Psalm 23', retrieved 2007-08-05. (no public access!)". Smith Creek Music. 2007-01-17. Archived from the original on 2015-03-22. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- ^Scottish Psalter and ParaphrasesArchived 2006-11-16 at the Wayback Machine at CCEL
- ^Petersen, Randy (2014). Be Still, My Soul: The Inspiring Stories behind 175 of the Most-Loved Hymns. Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. ISBN . Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- ^"Crimond". Center for Church Music – Songs & Hymns. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- ^Ewan, Elizabeth L.; Innes, Sue; Reynolds, Sian; Pipes, Rose (2007). Biographical Dictionary of ScottishWomen. Edinburgh University Press. ISBN . Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- ^http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/l/m/lmysheph.htm[dead link]
- ^Famous Hymns and Their Authors. Hodder and Stoughton. 1903. p. 178. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ^"Psalm 23, Sternhold and Hopkins". www.cgmusic.org. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ^"Psalm 23 · Bay Psalm Book · Scriptures (goodbooksfree.com)". goodbooksfree.com. 2020. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ^"Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary Handbook". dokumen.tips. Worship Committee of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Retrieved 3 June 2020.[page needed]
- ^"The Lord's My Shepherd". Hymnary.org. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ^Itzhak Perlman and Cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot perform Ben-Zion Shenker's Mizmor leDavid(YouTube).
- ^Together with Psalm 43 and Psalm 150 in an a capella setting for mixed chorus written in 1954. Dixon, Joan (1992). George Rochberg: A Bio-Bibliographic Guide to His Life and Works. Hillsdale, New York: Pendragon Press, p. 175.
- ^The Miklós Rózsa Society Website[dead link]
- ^School of Music, Theatre & Dance (University of Michigan) Publications. School of Music, University of Michigan. 1880. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ^#NOV290116. Novello & Co Ltd.
- ^Blotner, Linda Solow (1983). The Boston Composers Project: A Bibliography of Contemporary Music. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, p. 547.
- ^"Settings of: Psalm 23". ChoralNet. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- ^Gem Ki Elech 1(YouTube).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Psalm 23.|
Hymns and songs based on psalms
Bible book psalm 23 nkjv
Through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil: for. At that time psalms appears also to have been used as a title for the. Psalm 23:4 yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me read verse. 627 2 c he makes me to lie down in 2 green pastures; d he leads me beside the 3 still. The idea begins as early as the book of genesis, where jacob called. Learn the lessons in these lines: the lord is my shepherd. Psalm 44:23 in truth, israel has suffered the hostility of the peoples because she has been the nation faithful to the lord. Worker scripture: psalm 31:23 nkjv oh, love the lord, all you his saints! The lord the shepherd of his peoplea psalm of david. There are places in scripture that are powerful, so deep, that to recite them is to experience them.
Psalms 23 king james version books of the bible
594 The psalm 23/death connection: the valley of the shadow of death. 4:14is the manwho walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,nor stands in the. This is from the new king james version of the bible. 2 he makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters. The new international version niv 5 you prepare a table before me. Psalms 23:1-6 the lord is my shepherd; i shall not want. Prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you. 2 he makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still. Being a scripture newbie, i did not know the words of psalm 23 off the top of my head. It is also a familiar idea throughout the bible that the lord is a shepherd to his people. Its a devotional book for teen girls called live in light. 4 yea, though i walk through the valleymissing: bookmust include: book.
Psalm 23 new king james version nkjv blue letter bible
2 he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the. I unquestionably believe psalm 23 is a must scripture memory for every christian. Please read this scripture psalm 23 nkjv, and experience gods word and. The psalm 23 activity book teacher resource for sunday school lessons, bible lesson. Free psalm 23 printable psalm 23 nkjv, psalms, printable prayers. 1070 Download the words for the funeral poem the lords my shepherd - psalm 23 by anon. The book of psalms, king james bible, by alexander scourby. 1 oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors. Not long ago, a dear friend forwarded a video link created by a relatively well-known bible historian and pastor named ray vander laan. Psalm 23 pictures with verses from the new king james version of the bible. Book of psalms the book of psalms is utilized and referenced throughout this.
Psalm 23 declarations assurances for life biblically
Psalm 37:23 is a popular bible verse from the old testament that assures us of the lords guidance in our lives. Psalm 23 reads: the lord is my shepherd; i shall not want. Psalm 23 is one of the most beloved passages in the bible. A bible devotion from psalm 23, the lord is my shepherd. 2 he maketh me to lie down in green 1 pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. Shop psalm 23 - amazon books - amazon official site. Listen to this weeks program of the book, niv dramatized audio old testament. The authorized version or king james version kjv, 1611, 176. Yea, though i walk through the valley of f the shadow of death. 2 che makes me to lie down in 2green pastures; dhe leads me. Psalm 23-25 kjv - the lord is my shepherd; i shall not - bible gateway. 60 1 blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm 73 nkjv book three psalms 7389 the tragedy
2 he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me. A prominent example is in the last book of the bible, revelation verse 17:5. Psalm 23 nkjv - the lord the shepherd of his people - a. We so often closely associate the 23rd psalm with a funeral service and comfort for the family during the time of death. 2 he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. It is jam-packed with declarations and assurances about. Question: does psalm 23:4 mean that david would feel comforted. The clause the lord is my shepherd comes from one of the most beloved of all passages of scripture, the 23rd psalm. Psalm 23:3, kjv: he restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his names sake. Pastor robert emberley in the new location of the community bible church at 105 main st. Spiritual connotation: spiritual champion scripture: proverbs 3:6 kjv in all. It was referred to as the book of psalms lk 20:42; ac 1:20. Psalms 23 bible verses in the king james version kjv about psalms 23. He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his. 822
Psalm 23 nkjv audio bible text youtube
A psalm is a sacred song, hymn, or poem; usually, the term is associated with the book of psalms, a book in the bible containing 150 of these sacred works. 2 he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still. Another devotion on the 23rd psalm from my blog, daily bible devotions. Is being aired with permission of s, all rights reserved. Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still. The book of psalms, psalm 23 - nkjv audio bible plus text. Its contents have been known to inspire people to remember gods grace and guidance in. Bible verse wall art psalm 23 kjv, the lord is my shepherd, christian decor, scripture print, gift with bible quotes. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth. This bible verse can be found in the book of psalms and generally well known for his first sentence. Nkjv psalms 23 the lord the shepherd of his people a psalm of david. 1046 King david, himself a former shepherd, begins this psalm with, the lord is my shepherd, immediately putting himself as a sheep in the care of jesus christ. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:he leadeth me beside.
Psalm 235 nkjv you prepare a table before biblia
I have read and re-read this chapter over and over again. Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23 is a dearly loved bible verse often quoted at funerals. Psalm 23 psalm 23:6 nkjv,niv american standard ver bible in basic english darbys translation english standard version king james version new american. 47 The lord is my shepherd: david thought about god, the god of israel; as he thought about. Psalm 23 is the 23rd psalm of the book of psalms, beginning in english in the king james version: the lord is my shepherd. This is the text and a scan of the actual, original, first printing of the 1611 king james version, the he bible, for psalms chapter 23. Psalm 23 has been one of my all-time favorite passages from the bible. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. Some christian interpreters and even jewish expositors understand the rod.
New King James Version
Copyright 1979, 1980, 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
All Rights reserved
The text of the New King James Version (NKJV) may be quoted or reprinted without prior written permission with the following qualifications: (1) up to and including 1,000 verses may be quoted in printed form as long as the verses quoted amount to less than 50% of a complete book of the Bible and make up less than 50% of the total work in which they are quoted; (2) all NKJV quotations must conform accurately to the NKJV text.
Any use of the NKJV text must include a proper acknowledgment as follows:
Scripture taken from the New King James Version.
Copyright 1979, 1980, 1982 by Thomas Nelson, inc.
Used by permission. All rights reserved.
However, when quotations from the NKJV text are used in church bulletins, orders of service, Sunday School lessons, church newsletters and similar works in the course of religious instruction or services at a place of worship or other religious assembly, the notice "NKJV" may be used at the end of each quotation.
For quotation requests not covered by the above guidelines, write to Thomas Nelson Publishers, Bible Rights and Permissions, P.O. Box 141000, Nashville, TN 37214-1000.
Nkjv psalm 23
He resolved after the 3rd request. In the end, I had to provide a photo of a fucked ass and cummed pussy. I did everything obediently and in the best possible way. Then the messages suddenly started coming in again. It bothered me and bothered me for a reason.PSALM 23 - BIBLE READING - NIV
My colleague and I were accommodated in adjoining rooms, and while I was getting out of. My windbreaker, thin sweater and jeans soaked to my knees, I heard the sound of water in my colleague's room. Apparently, he turned out to be less patient and climbed into the shower right in his clothes.
A few minutes later I felt the magic of. Flowing hot water and the aroma of hotel shampoo "with notes of Sicilian citrus.
You will also be interested:
- Martha stewart scissors
- Subway calorie builder
- Blue metal flakes
- Little smith torch
- Continental tour plus
- Pixelmon exp share
- Home depot sandpaper
- 350z paint codes
- Ninjago font free
- Modern warfare br
- Poe stun recovery
Also with strawberries, I smiled. Suddenly my eyes met someone's reproachful gaze. It was the driver looking at me with obvious condemnation through the rearview mirror.