21+ Remembering Dad Quotes
We have assembled a collection of 21+ of the best ‘Remembering Dad’ quotes to help you celebrate his life and his enduring love.
These quotes for Dad can be used in a eulogy, as a reading at a funeral or memorial service, or at a celebration of life ceremony, or in a sympathy card or funeral reception invitation.
For ease of reference, we have divided up our quotes into the following categories:
At the end of our post, we have links to our Pinterest board and Facebook album where you can find more images with the best quotes for remembering Dad that can be easily shared with family and friends.
Words to Say at a Funeral For Dad
Looking for words to say at a funeral about your amazing Dad? This quote by American poet Maya Angelou is short, but ever so sweet.
A Great Soul
By Maya Angelou
“A great soul
all the time.
A great soul
It brings us together
It is always difficult to say farewell to a Dad, but we will always remain thankful for the guidance that he passed on to us. This funeral quote from a Hebrew proverb captures this sentiment perfectly.
Say Not in Grief
“Say not in grief ‘he is no more’
but in thankfulness that he was.”
Author and renaissance man Rossiter Worthington Raymond reminds us that love knows no bounds in this poetic quote. If you are looking for simple, yet beautiful, words to say at a funeral for a Father, look no further.
Love is Immortal
By Rossiter Worthington Raymond
“Life is eternal,
and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing
save the limit of our sight.”
This next funeral quote about a father has been worded several different ways over the years. We love this version with its sentiment that a dad’s legacy of making the world a better place will endure. We will always remember him.
A Successful Man
“That man is a success –
who has lived well,
laughed often and loved much;
who has gained the respect of intelligent men
and the love of children;
who has filled his niche
and accomplished his task;
who leaves the world better
than he found it;
who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty
or failed to express it.;
who looked for the best in others
and gave the best he had.”
Dad will always hold a special place in our lives, full of memories of how he has shaped our futures and guided us through thick and thin.
This next funeral quote celebrates the special place Dad will always have in our hearts.
“We’ll always remember
that special smile,
that caring heart,
that warm embrace,
you always gave us.
You being there
for Mom and us
through good and bad times,
no matter what.
We’ll always remember
you Dad because
they’ll never be another one
to replace you in our hearts,
and the love we will always
have for you.”
After losing a loved one we are often left with feelings of things left unsaid. This next funeral quote reminds us that it is never too late to say ‘Thank You’ to our Dad.
When looking for words to say at a funeral for Dad, consider reading this wonderful poem, or pick your favourite lines and turn it into a shorter quote.
As We Look Back
“As we look back over time
We find ourselves wondering…
Did we remember to thank you enough
For all you have done for us?
For all the times you were by our sides
To help and support us…
To celebrate our successes
To understand our problems
And accept our defeats?
Or for teaching us by your example,
The value of hard work, good judgment,
Courage and integrity?
We wonder if we ever thanked you
For the sacrifices you made.
To let us have the very best?
And for the simple things
Like laughter, smiles and times we shared?
If we have forgotten to show our
Gratitude enough for all the things you did,
We’re thanking you now.
And we are hoping you knew all along,
How much you meant to us.”
Tribute to My Beloved Father
This next beautiful funeral quote is perfect for a Dad who taught by example, and left a legacy in the lives he touched.
My Father Didn’t Tell Me How to Live
By Clarence Budington Kelland
“My Father didn’t tell me how to live;
and let me watch him do it.”
If your Father was an avid gardener, then this quote from Claudia Ghandi would be perfect for a eulogy or reading at his funeral or memorial service.
Walk Forever in My Garden
By Claudia Ghandi
“If I had a single flower
for every time I think about you,
I could walk forever in my garden.”
Related Articles[text-with-icon icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-glass” color=”Accent-Color”]
This quote by author Joyce Cary reminds us that God works in ways we may never understand. It would be an appropriate addition to a religious funeral service.
Gift of God
By Joyce Cary
“I look at life as a gift of God.
Now that he wants it back
I have no right to complain.”
Poet Tram-Tiara perfectly captures the sentiment that, even in death, our Father will always watch over us. “This funeral quote is my tribute to my beloved father,” says the author.
By Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach
“No matter where I am
Your spirit will be beside me
For I know that no matter what
You will always be with me.”
This short funeral quote by Scottish poet Thomas Campbell reminds us that love doesn’t diminish with time when it is kept alive in our hearts and forever remembered.
To Live in Hearts
By Thomas Campbell
“To live in hearts
we leave behind
is not to die.”
Buddhism provides this next beautiful funeral quote about how love, much like a candle’s flame, can be shared and passed along.
From a Single Candle
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Love never decreases by being shared.”
Those who have lost a Father will understand the importance of having hope in our time of grief. This next tribute for a beloved Father reminds us that hope will come we need it the most.
Hope is Like a Bird
“Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn
and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark.”
After losing a Father, sadness is a natural part of the healing process. This is one of our favourite remembering dad quotes.
May the Stars Carry Your Sadness Away
By Chief Dan George
“May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.”
Quotes About Losing a Father From a Daughter
Although your Father may have passed on, their guidance and love will always stay with you. Here is a beautiful quote for a daughter to recite at her Dad’s funeral or memorial service.
Your Guiding Hand
By Unknown Author
your guiding hand on my shoulder
will remain with me forever.”
This next funeral quote by American poet Emily Dickinson conveys to those that have lost a Father that hope is ever present within us.
It would be a wonderful quote to add to a sympathy card to a daughter that is mourning the loss of her Dad.
By Emily Dickinson
“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.”
The next quote is well-known, and comes from an Irish headstone. It’s message about the loss of a loved one is bitter-sweet. This quote could be used in a eulogy for Dad, as a reading, as well as in a sympathy card.
Death Leaves a Heartache
From a Headstone in Ireland
“Death leaves a heartache
no one can heal,
love leaves a memory
no one can steal.”
In this next quote, renowned Italian artist Michelangelo paraphrases a famous verse in the Bible, Job 1:21, which says that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away.
“If we have been pleased with life,
we should not be displeased with death,
since it comes from the hand
of the same Master.”
Quotes About Losing a Father From a Son
This beautiful funeral quote articulates how lucky we feel to have been given the best Dad in the world.
Even After They Are Gone
“There are special people in our lives
who never leave us….
Even after they are gone”
Although losing a Father is hard, his memory will never leave our hearts. This next funeral quote captures this sentiment beautifully, and would be perfect for a son to recite at his Dad’s funeral or memorial service.
Sadly Missed Along Life’s Way
“Sadly missed along life’s way,
quietly remembered every day…
No longer in our life to share,
but in our hearts, you’re always there.”
This quote from Danish philosopher and poet Soren Kierkegaard expresses how a Dad’s life was shaped by those that came before him, and in turn, shaped those around him.
By Soren Kierkegaard
“Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards.”
This tongue-in-cheek funeral quote from former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill is very playful, and would be perfect for a memorial or funeral service if your Dad had a great sense of humour.
I am Ready to Meet My Maker
By Winston Churchill
“I am ready to meet my Maker.
Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me
is another matter.”
If you have lost a Dad, or know someone who recently has, here are more collections on Love Lives On that may offer you further assistance:
It Helps to Share…
If you found this post on 21+ of the best ‘Remembering Dad’ quotes helpful, we’d appreciate a Facebook like.
Also check out our Pinterest Board for stunning images (with quotes) that you can keep and share online with family and friends. We made them for you and all our readers to enjoy.
Use the comment box below to let us know if you have any suggestions for quotes to remember a Father that we should add to this post. At Love Lives On, we’re always listening.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
There's no remedy for grief, especially when it comes to the profound loss of a parent. One thing that can provide a little comfort is the reminder that others have dealt with the same kind of pain and might even have wisdom to share. Grief is a path we all walk at some point, and it helps to have guides along the way. So, we looked to some of the most eloquent writers who have managed to beautifully put their emotions into words. For Father's Day, or any day, here are some messages of solace that will hopefully resonate, whether you recently lost your father, or just miss him terribly.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
“At the blueness of skies and in the warmth of summer, we remember them.”
– Sylvan Kamens & Rabbi Jack Reimer
“What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.”
– Helen Keller
“It doesn't matter who my father was; It matters who I remember he was.”
– Anne Sexton
“You see, my father taught me that even our most profound losses are survivable. And that is–it is what we do with that loss–our ability to transform it into a positive event–that is one of my father's greatest lessons.”
– Ted Kennedy, Jr.
“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.”
– Leo Tolstoy
“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”
– Winnie the Pooh
"A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”
– Maya Angelou
“There is no expiration date on the love between a father and his child.”
– Jennifer Williamson
“It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
– John Steinbeck
“When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men.”
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.”
– Hebrew Proverb
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another."
– Ernest Hemingway
“The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.”
– Antoine Francois Prevost
“Love has no age, no limit; and no death.”
– John Galsworthy
Annie GoldsmithNews WriterAnnie Goldsmith is the news writer for Town & Country, where she covers culture, politics, style, and the British royal family.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
40+ Miss You Dad Quotes, Poems, and Messages
There is an indescribable amount of grief after losing a father. Losing a father often means losing a protector, a guiding hand, a best friend, and a superhero. But focusing on all the incredible memories you shared and the amazing man he was can help bring light into your darker days. We hope that the following miss you dad words, quotes, messages, and poems can help to ease your pain with the reminder of your happy memories together. Whether you’re building a memorial shadow box, capturing fond memories in a tribute photo book, or you’re simply looking for comfort, find our list of miss you dad quotes below.
Miss You Dad Quotes
These general miss you dad quotes some from those who have felt the loss of a father and want to pass on their own words of comfort to those who need it. From sympathy gifts to Father’s Day gifts, you can use these quotes and captions will help you customize meaningful moments.
- “That man is a success – who has lived well, laughed often and loved much, who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children, who has filled his niche and accomplished his task. who leaves the world better than he found it, who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it, who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had.” – Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give another person. He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments – and you get the tears at the end, too.” – Harlan Coben
- “My appreciation for my father’s greatness cannot be measured.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart.” – Jennifer Williamson
Missing Dad Quotes From Daughter
As a loving daughter, losing your father is an impossible thing to understand. If it’s recently happened to you or a loved one, you may be looking for words of comfort. We hope the following quotes help you in your time of loss, and if you’re looking for additional messages, look to our list of dad and daughter quotes.
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” – Unknown
- “Dad is and always will be my living, breathing superhero.” – Bindi Irwin
- “Everything I do in my life I do to make my mum and dad proud. I want to carry on in my dad’s footsteps and make sure that his legacy lives on forever.” – Bindi Irwin
- “The loss of my father will always sting. But now, everything that I do is in honor of him and celebrates his life.” – Adrienne C. Moore
- “There is no expiration date on the love between a father and his child.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “When I was a child, all problems had ended with a single word from my father. A smile from him was sunshine, his scowl a bolt of thunder. He was smart, and generous, and honorable without fail. He could exile a trespasser, check my math homework, and fix the leaky bathroom sink, all before dinner. For the longest time, I thought he was invincible. Above the petty problems that plagued normal people. And now he was gone.” – Rachel Vincent
- “You have been there for me, no matter what bad choices I might have made… you lovingly repaired my broken spirit, helped me plot a new course, and set me free to fly on my own once again. There is no greater love than that. You will always be special to me, and no matter where life takes me, I’ll remember you with love.” – Marilyn K. Deacon
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
Missing Dad Quotes From Son
The pain of losing a father figure might feel overwhelming, but the strength passed on from father to son can help you survive it. These quotes highlight that passing of knowledge, wisdom, and strength:
- “My Father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.” – Conrad Hall
- “My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend.” – Tiger Woods
- “I think about me and my dad taking a road trip from Phoenix to Nashville when I was 19. He’s no longer here with me, but I still drive that same 1994 Chevy truck. I never have bought a new car.” – Dierks Bentley
- “The loss of my father was the most traumatic event in my life – I can’t forget the pain.” – Frank Lowy
- “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
Dad In Heaven Quotes
The following quotes highlight the love between a father and child that still exists, even after he passes. Find them below:
- “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
- “No matter where I am, your spirit will be beside me. For I know that no matter what, you will always be with me.” – Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “May each tear and each fond memory be a note of love rising to meet you.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “You will always be in my heart… because in there you’re still alive.” – Jamie Cirello
- “When I was little I bragged about my firefighting father: my father would go to heaven, because if he went to hell he would put out all the fires.” – Jodi Picoult
Death Anniversary Message
If you are struggling for words, and want to express the hurt of the loss of your father, try the following messages for a lost father.
- I keep thinking about you, Dad, even though it hurts. I’d give anything to relive those memories again.
- Dad, I’m so thankful for all the memories we shared together. I only wish you were here to make more.
- Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. I wish I still had your wisdom to guide me through my everyday,
- Every day without you has been hard, but on this day especially I can’t help but think how much I wish you were here with me.
- You were the guiding light in my life, and today especially I’m reminded how lucky I was to have you for as long as I did. I love you to the moon and back.
- How lucky am I to have had a father so special that I miss you this much? As much as I’m hate not having you around, I’m happy to know you’re at peace.
- You may not be with me any more, but my love for you will never die. I miss you, Dad.
I Miss My Dad Poems
The following poems can be read for anything including a eulogy, a letter, or simply read to yourself for words of comfort.
“A Great Soul” by Maya Angelou
“A great soul
all the time.
A great soul
It brings us together
again and again.”
“There’s A Special Place In My Heart for Him” by Unknown
“There’s a special kind of feeling
When I think about you, Dad
It’s a pleasure to remember
All the happy times we’ve had
There’s a special kind of caring
That is meant for you alone
There’s a place somewhere
Within my heart
That only you can own
Missing you always,
Happy Father’s Day.”
“My Father, My Father” by Dakota Ellerton
“My father, my father,
I love he,
my father, my father,
made me see,
how beautiful this world really can be.
My father, my father,
said to me,
my daughter my daughter,
come see me,
I won’t be around forever, and I have things that must be.
My father, my father,
don’t die on me.”
“Away” by James Whitcomb Riley
“I cannot say and I will not say
That he is dead, he is just away.
With a cheery smile and a wave of hand
He has wandered into an unknown land;
And left us dreaming how very fair
Its needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you-oh you, who the wildest yearn
From the old-time step and the glad return-
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of there, as the love of here
Think of him still the same way, I say;
He is not dead, he is just away.”
“Moments Before” by Kelly Horn
“Moments before our walk that afternoon,
I realized the path ended too soon.
Not long enough to hold his hand,
this amazing person, this loving man.
Not long enough to engage his eyes
and remember his always brimming with pride.
Not long enough to stand by his side,
as he was by mine after every rough tide.
Not long enough to laugh with him still,
after every bad joke,
after every tough hill.
Not long enough to walk with this man,
who has taught me to be the person I am.
Not long enough as we walked by his wife,
to thank them both for my wonderful life.
In all the walks I’ve taken in my life,
first as a girl and now as a wife,
I’ll remember that walk I took with my father
and always wish it could have been longer.”
Additional Miss You Dad Resources
We hope that this complete list of miss you dad quotes helped you or a loved one find some comfort in a difficult time. If you have a recent loved one who lost a father figure and you’re looking for additional resources, please consider the following sympathy and condolence guides:
Father's impact our lives in so many ways. They cheer us on as they hold the back seat of the bicycle while we pedal for the first time without training wheels. They're there with a baseball or football for a game of catch in the yard, a solid piece of advice when your car breaks down, the perfect dad joke. Their support means the world to us. Yet, for some of us it's a bit more complicated. If your father wasn't really in the picture or your home life didn't fall into the normal stereotype, you can grieve the loss of a father long before his actual passing. But either way, the passing of a father is hard. It draws out feelings we often didn't even know were there and the grieving process can often feel long. Give yourself time and patience to feel whatever bubbles up to the surface during this time. Use a journal to process the memories you have of your loved one, any regrets, and any lingering anger or resentment. Meditating on any of these quotes will help you go deeper into honoring the memory of your father and his impact on your life. It's during this period of time that family and friends will be the most important part of the healing process. Lean into your support system and let them care for you. Each day will get easier, and you will know you get to carry the memory and legacy of your father forward in the way you love and care for others.
Quotes remembering dad
At that moment, he pressed her head to his stomach and began counting. Well done, did not lose her skills, and let go. Then he took a small pillow and put it under her knees. Came in from behind and put cancer. He sat down on her back so that her ass and pussy were in his power, and ran his hand over all this splendor.19 emotional father quotes
I was tormented by the desire to see sex performed by Natasha, even if not with me, but with her boyfriend. But, to my surprise, when Natasha and Pavel returned, they each lay down on their own shelf, while Natasha lay back on the back at the edge. Of the shelf.
- Sprinkler repair irvine
- Payne ac unit
- Etec for sale
- Timeanddate 2019 calendar
- Forever 21 slides
- Warrior princess makeup
Yet. Big cock, little pussy. Pace, speed, breakaway. I finish, I shake, I fall.