How Much Money Scotty Kilmer Makes On YouTube Net Worth
Scotty Kilmer is a popular YouTuber from the United States who runs his own self-titled automotive channel. He has an estimated net worth of $ million. His content is mainly about teaching people how to fix their cars when they get various problems and generally how cars work. His schedule includes tool giveaways, auto repair videos, viewers car mod show off, viewer car Q&A and live Q&A.
Scotty has been a mechanic for the past 50 years and has a masters degree from the University of Illinois. He published a book back in called Everyones Guide To Buying A Used Car. He hosted a show named Crank It Up on CBS for 10 years which earned him an Emmy Award.
How Much Money Does Scotty Kilmer Earn On YouTube?
The channel has over 5 million subscribers as of and has accumulated over billion views so far. It is able to get an average of million views on a daily basis and this should result in an estimated revenue of $9, per day ($ million a year) from the ads that appear on the videos.
YouTube content creators based in the US, UK, Canada and Australia generally get paid $2 – $12 per monetized views after YouTube takes its cut. Monetized views usually range from 40% – 80% of the total views. All these are influenced by several factors like the device played on, time of the year, the location of the viewer, ad inventory, how many ads there are on a video, how many people skip the ads, type of advertisement, ad engagement, type of content, etc. The cost of an ad view is based on an auction between advertisers based on views. Advertisers have to bid a minimum of $ per view.
There is also a program known as Google Preferred where deep-pocketed companies can target ads on the top 5% most popular content. The ad rates here are higher than normal. Apart from ads, YouTubers also generate extra from YouTube Red viewers who pay a monthly fee to view premium content on YouTube plus watch videos without ads. Here they get paid based on watch time on their videos. The longer the viewers watch their videos, the more money they earn.
Scotty makes more income through his Amazon Affiliate commission income and selling merchandise. The majority of his income was made through his car fixing business that he ran for over 50 years.
How Much Money Does Scotty Kilmer Make a Year?
This blog post may contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.
Scotty Kilmer is a U.S. YouTube Personality from Texas who has his own self-made automotive channel where he uploads auto repair videos, auto Q&A videos, Car Mod show off’s, and also includes some tool giveaways.
Kilmer has been an auto mechanic for 50 years and uploads content mainly to show people how to fix their cars and how cars work.
Become an Insider
He also received an Emmy award for “Interactive Car Talk Host” when hosting a show on CBS called, “Crank it Up”, which he hosted for ten years and published his own book in , called “Everyone’s Guide To Buying A Used Car”.
How Scotty Kilmer makes money
Scotty Kilmer earned some of his income from the auto repair shop that he owned for more than 50 years. He also made a lot of his money on his YouTube channel he started on August 19, , where he had accumulated million subscribers and million views as of , which has earned him about $ million. In addition, Kilmer earned from the TV show he hosted for ten years, the book he published in called, “Everyone’s Guide to Buying a Used Car”, and by selling Amazon-affiliated merchandise on his website.
How Scotty Kilmer got popular?
Born in the U.S. on October 2, , Kilmer began working on cars when he was just 14 years old, while inspired by his grandfather and mentor, Elmer Kilmer. After earning his degree from the flagship institution of the University of Illinois system, Scotty launched his own auto repair business in and then started his own YouTube channel in
Approximate net worth and annual pay of Scotty Kilmer
Scotty Kilmer currently has a net worth of $7 million. An average YouTuber earns around $ to $ for every views and as of , Scotty’s channel has more than 3 million subscribers and more than million views. On a daily basis, he gets on average million views, which should result in an estimate of $4, per day or $ million a year in revenue from the ads that appear in his videos.
While much of his earnings came from having his own auto repair business, he now earns most of his income from his YouTube channel.
Scotty Kilmer fun fact
ChrisFix is also a very popular YouTuber who shows how to perform auto repairs on his channel and has even more subscribers and views than Scotty. Recently Scotty created a video in response to a video that ChrisFix made detailing how to clear coat and polish headlights. In the video, Kilmer suggests that ChrisFix was wrong and called him out on other things as well. However, Scotty went a bit too far, and rather than making a video showing he disagreed with ChrisFix, he basically disrespected him and came off as tacky. For this, Scotty got a lot of slack and later apologized.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone
The content of this website is for informational purposes only and does not represent investment advice, or an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security, investment, or product. Investors are encouraged to do their own due diligence, and, if necessary, consult professional advising before making any investment decisions. Investing involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses may occur.
Advertiser Disclaimer: This blog post may contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.
Just another aspiring small business owner and amateur photographer blogging in an attempt to break down personal finance lingo.
Scotty kilmer tennessee
Scotty Kilmer: everything you’ve ever wanted to know
It should be really obvious by now that I’m an automotive enthusiast with a bit of a YouTube addiction. Nearly everything I’ve written about this year has been based around all of the channels I’m currently subscribed to, and I’ve had a lot of fun writing about some of my favorite automotive YouTubers. However, there’s this guy named Scotty Kilmer that keeps popping up in my suggestions box, andit’s incredibly annoying.
To be completely blunt, I have absolutely no interest in Scotty Kilmer’s videos. Yes, he talks about the things I’m most interested in (cars), but his quirky personality rubs me the wrong way. I’ve tried to watch his content. I really have. But as much as YouTube wants me to binge-watch his videos, I can’t last more than 20 seconds before hitting the back button in a desperate attempt to find something else to watch (such as Cleetus McFarland or Doug Demuro).
Despite my aversion to his hyperactive and “know-it-all” presentation style, I do admit that the entrepreneur in me is fascinated with the brand (and success) that he has built for himself. Not only does he upload a video nearly every single day, his viewership numbers (which I’ll dive into in a moment) are simply incredible. Never in a million years would I have thought that a loud and crude old dude yelling “old man” style rants into a camera would be so successful. It’s fascinating actually.
I spent the last two months digging up all the information about Scotty Kilmer that I could find. Here’s what I discovered:
- Scotty was born in
- He started working on cars at 14 (on the weekends) at his grandfather’s Texaco gas station. His grandfather was a very introverted and strict individual, and while he wouldn’t teach Scotty explicitly, he let him watch. In other words, Scotty just soaked up as much as he could by watching his grandfather work.
- Both his father and grandfather were mechanics
- He got married in He and his wife (Leslie, a former teacher) have two sons: Wyeth and Riley.
- I was shocked to discover that he has a masters degree from the University of Illinois. I never would have thought that Scotty Kilmer was formally educated! Not only that, it’s a freaking Masters degree in anthropology of all things! I mean…can you imagine Scotty as an anthropologist?
- His first book, titled “Everyone’s Guide to Buying a Used Car” was published in
- Scotty Kilmer had a show on CBS (KHOU11 in Houston) for a while! It was called “Crank it up with Scotty” (which seems completely perfect IMHO). The show ran from to
- Scotty won an Emmy in for “Best Interactive Car Talk Host“
- He lives in Houston
- The very first Scotty Kilmer YouTube video was uploaded on August 19,
- Not only does he upload to YouTube several times a week, he does a live Podcast on Thursday and Saturday called Car Talk. These are also uploaded to YouTube by the way, which increases his overall posting frequency. Let that be a lesson for all of you automotive YouTubers out there who are trying to find content worthy of uploading several times a week
- In April , Scotty Kilmer was #1 most viewed car channel on YouTube
- Scotty bought his current house in The house was built in the 40’s, and he paid $80k for it. The lot it is sitting on is currently worth $k (as he mentioned in this video).
- Scotty is very proud of the fact that he doesn’t do sponsorships. All of his income comes from video ad revenue (Google Adsense).
- Scotty used a Panasonic HCM camera for the first million views on the Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel. He gave it away to a viewer in April in celebration of million views.
- Ironically, Scotty Kilmer isn’t that much of a car guy (it’s a business, not a hobby). He’s more into motorcycles, and is very proud of his Triumph Thruxton.
- Scotty drives a Celica and a Toyota Matrix. His wife has a Lexus that he bought for $ (which had 60, miles on it).
- According to this video, the worst car that Scotty ever worked on was a Chrysler TC.
- You know those frightening cat pillows on the couch in the background of his videos? He got them from his daughter in law, who brought them back from Singapore as a gift. His wife hates them so he has to turn them the other way when he’s not filming. For what it’s worth, those cat pillows are one of the first things I think of when I think of Scotty Kilmer.
- Scotty isn’t much of a beer drinker, but he does enjoy German pilsners. Other then that, he considers himself a rum aficionado.
|Please note: DriveAndReview.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.|
Buy Scottys book!
Are you surprised as I am that Scotty Kilmer is a published author with a best-selling book? There arent very many other automotive influencers / YouTubers who have done what Scotty has, and I do suggest checking out his book to get a better sense of who he is (and where his roots are).
- Scotty Kilmer, mechanic for the last 50 years and star of YouTube’s “The Scotty Kilmer Channel” for DIY car repair (with over million video views), has revised and updated his book: Everyone’s Guide to Buying a Used Car and Car Maintenance.
- In the book, he shows how to check out used cars for purchase yourself and how to avoid the proverbial used automobile “lemon.” From the initial glance at the dealer (or private seller) through the road test and bartering stage, Scotty shows how to evaluate a vehicle for purchase, and also provides more in-depth tips for experienced do-it-yourselfers.
- And as a bonus, he also provides tips on essential auto maintenance for all autos, used or not. Whatever your level of sophistication, this book will help keep you from getting swindled in your next car purchase and keep you on the road for many years to come.
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
“Everyone’s Guide to Buying a Used Car” is written in the same style / persona he portrays on his YouTube channel, soif youre not into that sort of thing, you might not get a lot of use out of it. But for the rest of us, its a light-hearted (and useful) guide that I cant recommend highly enough. Especially if youre a huge fan of Scotty!
Just how successful is the Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel?
Everyone’s definition of success is different, but there’s no denying that Scotty is doing extremely well with his YouTube channel. Let’s take a quick look at the numbers (according to Socialblade):
- Current subscriber count (as of October ) is 2,,
- He averages 1,, views a day across his entire channel
- He’s currently growing at the rate of 2, subscribers a day
- Each video averages approximately 75, views
- Based on his viewership data (and the formula of $ per 1,, views), I’d estimate that Scotty Kilmer is earning $30, a month from YouTube ad revenue. Other YouTubers such as thestradman, TJ Hunt, and Doug Demuro earn more, but its still a very respectable number. For the record, $30k a month is approximately what streetspeed is earning these days.
- The Scotty Kilmers YouTube channel is expected to reach 4,, subscribers by September And assuming he’s still making videos for a while, he’s very likely to be at 15,, subscriptions by
How the heck did Scotty Kilmer become so ridiculously successful?
As I noted at the very top of this article, I’m not much of a fan of the Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel. However, I appreciate (immensely) the success that he has built for himself and I’ve got nothing but respect for him in that regard. How did he become so successful uploading crude (and sometimes obnoxious) videos to YouTube? Well, based on what I’ve seen him do over the years, I’ve got several ideas:
1. He’s got a very unique personality
Love him or hate him, Scotty is one of those kinds of guys who isn’t afraid to tell it like he sees it. If he doesn’t like something, he’ll very enthusiastically tell you why. If he really likes something, he’ll tell you that you’re stupid for not agreeing with him. His is a very abrasive personality, and it’s not for everyone.
However, it’s this loud and unique personality which is his biggest asset. As a matter of fact, I’m willing to bet that a majority of his audience watches him for the entertainment factor alone. Not for the things he teaches us about car repairs.
On the flip side, I’m also willing to bet that a large part of his audience is subscribed to him because they hate the things he says. I mean, a major part of the Scotty Kilmer schtick is the shock factor. People tune in just to listen to his crazy rants (no matter how baseless they may be). Thats my opinion anyway.
I say this because I am a content creator myself, and I know what happens when voicing strong opinions. Some will agree. Some won’t. But even those who don’t keep coming back for more.
2. He’s extremely motivated and persistent
Ok. Be honest. How many other people over the age of 70 do you know of who creates and uploads YouTube videos several times a week? The Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel is run with more passion and energy than than many other automotive channels these days.
For example, ChrisFix uploads videos only once a month (if that). But Scotty is right there hanging with the frantic upload schedules of Adam LZ and TJ Hunt. As a matter of fact, he’s currently uploading more frequently than guys like James (thestradman), Matt Maran (subaruwrxfan), and Kyle (saabkyle04)!
What’s even more incredible about his posting schedule is that he’s been doing it nonstop since No, his videos aren’t very technical and there’s not much editing involved but it’s still a ton of work nonetheless and amazed that he’s been able to do it for so long.
3. He’s living proof that ANYONE can make a living sharing knowledge (no matter how little knowledge that may be)
Now, I’m not saying that Scotty doesn’t know anything about cars, buthe’s definitely not the best automotive mechanic on YouTube. Far from it actually! However, there’s nothing wrong with that, and hes done very well for himself to share the knowledge that he has gained over the years.
Everyone on this planet has knowledge about something that others would love to learn about. Scotty capitalized on this years ago (starting with his television show), and it’s exactly what has made the Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel so successful. His videos are short, to the point, and fairly easy to digest if you can handle his abrasive and loud personality.
4. Having a TV show in a large metropolitan area for over 10 years definitely helped ignite the growth of his YouTube channel
“Crank it up with Scotty” was a fairly big hit in Houston from to , and when he finally made the decision to transfer from television to YouTube, it was extremely likely that he brought a large number of viewers with him.
So – if you’ve ever wondered why it was possible for the Scotty Kilmer YouTube channel to blow up so quickly (when so many other more competent car mechanics struggle), this is very likely one of the reasons why. I’m not criticizing him for this at all by the way. As a matter of fact, it was a very smart business decision for him to leverage the audience he already had to accelerate the growth of his channel. As an entrepreneur myself, I fully subscribe to the idea that as long as it’s legal, it’s OK to do what you gotta do to get ahead.
Love him or hate him, he’s arguably the king of automotive YouTubers
Finally, to wrap this up, I think it’s fitting to mention the importance of recognizing the success that Scotty Kilmer has found. Love him or hate him, he’s bigger and more popular than most any other YouTube channel in existence at the moment, and that is a fairly significant thing.
He’s criticized a lot for the things that he does and says. However, when I look at his numbers and realize how so far ahead he is of everyone else, all I can wonder is that maybe he is right and everyone else is wrong?
Scotty is a very successful business man and mechanic. Yes, he may be a little rough around the edges and annoying to some (including me), but he’s obviously doing something right. I’m incredibly proud of his success. He’s made a lifetime career out of what he loves doing so much ( working on cars and helping others) and for that I can find no fault.
Youtube scotty kilmer
American mechanic, YouTuber, and television personality
Scott Michael "Scotty" Kilmer is an American YouTuber, author, and auto mechanic. His self-titled YouTube channel, Scotty Kilmer, has over 4 million subscribers and his videos have over 1 billion views.
Scotty Kilmer was born on October 2, in Niagara Falls, New York. At age 14, he learned to be a mechanic from his grandfather, Elmer Kilmer, who was the chief mechanic at the Texaco gas station Scotty's father owned. He studied at York University for his undergraduate degree and then attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, receiving a master's degree in anthropology. He was in the process of working towards his Ph.D., but eventually quit due to his wife becoming pregnant with his child.[according to whom?] Kilmer wrote a book, Everyone's Guide to Buying a Used Car and Car Maintenance, originally published in , upon the suggestion of his wife. Upon release, it led Kilmer to be on the front page of the Houston Chronicle, which attracted the attention of the local CBS affiliate KHOU.
Before YouTube, Kilmer had a television show on KHOU titled Crank it Up with Scotty. In this series, he showed the audience how to diagnose minor automotive mechanical problems, offered opinions on vehicle engineering, and provided solutions to low-profile problems. In , Crank It Up earned a Regional Emmy Award for "Outstanding Interactivity". His YouTube channel is much the same, and he answers questions about car problems and the vehicle industry, and gives advice. Kilmer typically uses his customers' cars in his videos as a point of comparison or other demonstrations with various products he uses as a mechanic.
- Kilmer, Scotty () . Everyone's Guide to Buying a Used Car and Car Maintenance. Independently published. ISBN.
- ^ ab"About Scotty Kilmer". YouTube.
- ^Krasoff, Bess (August 22, ). "These are the Houston YouTube stars you should be watching". Click2Houston. KPRC-TV. Archived from the original on October 22, Retrieved March 30,
- ^Cornell, David (September 11, ). "Car Repair Shops Beware: YouTube's Scotty Kilmer, Mechanic For Over 40 Years, Offers His Advice [Video]". Inquisitr. Archived from the original on February 16, Retrieved November 18,
- ^"Scotty Kilmer". YouTube. Archived from the original on July 14, Retrieved March 30,
- ^Kilmer, Scotty. "I'm Pissed". Youtube.com. Scotty Kilmer. Retrieved October 6,
- ^"Clickbait Extraordinaire: This Is How Scotty Kilmer Got His Start As A DIY Mechanic Youtuber". HotCars. March 22, Retrieved March 31,
- ^" Lone Star EMMY Awardees". National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences - Lone Star Chapter. Archived from the original on January 26, Retrieved March 30,
The scorching, icy breath of autumn painted my cheeks red-hot, trying to freeze my nose at the same time. Despite the middle of October, it was already winter cold outside. With displeasure, I noted that it was already getting dark at six o'clock in.
- F350 floor mats
- Rv trailer wiring
- G35 single exhaust
- Minecraft special names
- Gnome home airbnb
- Sweet marias coffee
- 8kg to lbs
- Free makoto tachibana
- Steven universe discussion
- Reddit fit girls
- 2010 thriller movies
- 1080 vs 2070
And now, toilet napkin, make the Mistress clean, already getting up, with a laugh putting her foot on the toilet, the Mistress ordered. Naturally, after that, not a single drop of amber nectar remained on her pussy. Now take your pink asshole, I'll take a bath, call when you need it.