Are you facing an MSI gaming app issue that isn’t going away regardless of what you tried? Unfortunately, the crucial utility tool can become a headache if you don’t know how to fix it. Lucky for you, this guide will cover everything wrong with MSI dragon center errors and how you can fix them.
The MSI dragon center software is the best tool for anyone with an MSI laptop or desktop computer. It allows you to enhance the performance of your system. You overclock it and access tons of other features for a rich gaming experience. It is also great for graphic boosts. If you have an MSI motherboard, then getting an MSI gaming app becomes essential.
What Is MSI Dragon Center?
MSI is a computer manufacturing company. It is known for designing top-grade computer hardware and software that boosts performance. MSI is a prestigious name in the gaming industry. It has also gained recognition in the graphics field.
The company manufactures MSI motherboards, MSI laptops, and desktop computers. It is known for delivering remarkable performance. MSI graphics cards are also quite popular.
The MSI Dragon Center App is a tool that comes with any MSI hardware. It works as an all-in-one utility tool that controls your hardware and games. The tool allows you to control overclock, RGB lights, and much more. You can calibrate the entire system like fan speed and such without accessing BIOS.
Hence, if the MSI dragon app isnt working, it will cause problems for your system.
Is The Dragon Center Safe To Use?
Yes. Almost every MSI gaming tool is safe for you to use. You will primarily find it on an MSI gaming laptop. There arent any malware, viruses, or spyware in it. You dont run the risk of privacy issues, either.
The MSI gaming app is a straightforward tool designed to help you. You can use it with any compatible hardware or operating system. Yes, there have been some problems with the latest Windows But you can fix it by diagnosing the solutions below.
Reasons For MSI Dragon Center Not Working
Even though MSI is well-versed in delivering impeccable services, there can be problems. Here are some of the reasons for the MSI gaming app to not work optimally:
- There could be a new version of the MSI gaming app that you have not downloaded. When a new version arrives, it comes with a lot of fixes. If youre using Windows 10, updating to a new version of MSI dragon center becomes paramount. Otherwise, it can lead to incompatibility issues.
- Correlatively, recent updates to the OS or system drivers can also pose issues. This happens because of another compatibility issue. You might have to recalibrate the system.
- Sometimes, the MSI gaming app ends up not having apt permissions. After all, there is administrator permission and user access. You might have to check these out.
- Some other problems include driver issues, Microsoft Visual C++ issues, and so on.
- Sometimes, the tool itself has corrupted files and other issues. A firewall is known for blocking MSI at times.
Dont you worry? You will find a counter to each of these issues in the solutions given below.
Solutions For MSI Dragon Center Not Working
- Install The Latest Dragon Center App
- Run MSI Gaming App As Administrator
- Reinstalling The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Reinstall MSI Central Service Driver Software
- Fix The MSI SDK Initialization Error
- Fix MSI Dragon Center App Stopped Working Error
- Fix MSI Dragon Center App Blocked By Firewall
1. Install The Latest Dragon Center App
Often, installing the latest version can solve almost any problem. Remember that sometimes automatic updates fail to provide any results. Thus, you would have to carry out the process manually.
For this, you will have to:
- Uninstall the pre-existing MSI gaming app entry from your PC.
- Go to the Control Panel and Uninstall the program option. You can also go to the remove app option to uninstall the MSI app.
- After that, you will have to visit this website.
- There, you can put the information about your product. Once you do that, the MSI website will provide you the latest tools and drivers.
- Download the latest option you get. Install MSI dragon center.
Once you restart your PC and launch the latest version, see if it is working fine.
2. Run MSI Gaming App As Administrator
This option will be necessary if you are facing a problem with the permissions. Many users have reported that running MSI as administrator fixes the issues. As it is a modifying tool, the administrator option might be necessary.
Follow these steps:
- Find the MSI gaming app icon anywhere. You can search for it in the Start Menu.
- Right-click on it and go to Properties. Then find the Compatibility tab in the properties.
- There, you will find the Run This Program As An Administrator option. Click on it.
- Click Apply, then click OK. A new prompt might appear.
- Either way, just click Yes and continue.
Dont give untrusted apps and tools admin permission. As MSI is a credible manufacturer and trusted company, you can do it for its tools.
3. Reinstalling The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If none of the above-given solutions work, its time to blame Microsoft. Yes, their software and tools have been full of bugs and errors. It wont be surprising if the problem is in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
The service allows you to have a better gaming experience. To play most games and for graphic tools, C++ Visual is an indispensable tool. Thus, you might want to reinstall it.
You can check for the updates, but it is better to reinstall it. For this, first, you will have to uninstall MSI Dragon Center. Then follow with:
- Go to the Control Panel and find the Uninstall Program option.
- From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it. After that, you might have to click on some prompts.
- Once done, you can restart the PC. Either way, you will have to visit the official website for Microsoft.
- There you can search for the latest C++ Visual version and download it.
Once you carry on with the entire download process, restart the PC, redownload the MSI gaming app. See if this fixes the problem.
4. Reinstall MSI Central Service Driver Software
Dont mess with the drivers unless it is crucial like this solution. Instead, you can go to the device manager of your system and uninstall the driver, then reinstall it.
Remember, uninstalling a driver means that you cant access the hardware. Thus, you will have to reinstall the driver for that hardware component to work.
MSI Central Service Driver Software can have many names. Usually, you will find it in the Display Adapters options. Either that or around your graphics card driver.
- Press Windows + R key to launch the Run application. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. This opens Device Manager immediately.
- Find the driver that will have MSI in it and expand onto it. Right-click on it and click on Uninstall the driver.
- Then restart your PC.
- You can return to the device manager and click on Scan for Hardware changes. This will reinstall the driver.
- You can also access the drivers properties and click on Update Driver. With an active internet connection, you can update your MSI driver.
5. Fix The MSI SDK Initialization Error
MSI SDK initialization error is one of the most common issues you will face. It will get stuck on the SDK initialization screen and wont load further. Usually, the online or the internet version faces this problem.
But, some permissions and file changes could also be the reason. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Open the Task Manager. You can do it from Start Menu or by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting Task Manager.
- Press CTRL + S to search for service in the manager.
- Find MSI Central Service and right-click on it, then click on Properties.
- In the General tab of the properties, you will find Startup Type. Click on Automatic.
- Press Apply and then click on OK.
- Likely, the service isnt running. So, right-click on it and click start.
- Now to go to the Dragon Center Windows Folder and copy everything.
- Then go to C > Program Files (x86) > MSI > One Dragon Center.
- Paste all the files there.
- Now run the App again.
This usually fixes the online issue. If it doesnt, then you can go ahead and download the offline version of the app. The offline MSI version is often known as the stable version. Follow the instructions on the screen.
6. Fix MSI Dragon Center App Stopped Working Error
For this error, you will have to uninstall the entire MSI Dragon Center that you already have. Use the above-given guide for it. Next, go to the same website and find Dragon Center Offline Version.
Before installing the new offline version, go to C > Program Files (x86) > MSI and delete the dragon center file. This should include the folders.
Next, extract the new download file. Run it as Admin to avoid any problem. Then install with the recommended settings. Often, it is known as express settings.
Reboot and restart the MSI dragon center app. It should work just fine.
7. Fix MSI Dragon Center App Blocked By Firewall
If the firewall is causing the problem, you will have to use the above-given solution. Use the solution where you run MSI Central Service as the administrator. If you dont know-how, then:
- Go to C > Program Files (x86) > MSI > One Dragon Center.
- Find MSI.CentralServer.Exe and right-click on it. Click on Run As Administrator.
- This should run the system and set all the permissions.
- If you still get problems after using it once, just use the permanent method above.
As a pro-tip. You might want to exclude the One Dragon Center folder from the antivirus tools during the scan. Try opening MSI Dragon center now and see if you get an error message.
How Do I Fix MSI Dragon Center?
If you get an error message, you can check if you have the wrong device. If not, then open the device manager and check to update the driver automatically. You can also check windows updates and access control panels to fix other problems regarding gaming performance.
Why Is MSI Dragon Center Not Working?
First, make sure to run a clean install for the correct version. If that doesn’t work, open settings and see if there is any problem there. Finally, make sure that your MSI tool has admin privileges.
Is MSI Dragon Center Bad?
MSI Dragon Center is a great tool to enhance gaming performance. Usually, it works fine with windows services unless you change some windows settings. Among all the utility apps, it is one of the best options available.
How Do I Reset My MSI Dragon Center?
You will have to follow the uninstallation process from the control panel to uninstall device option. If this doesn’t work, open the device manager and find an option to update the drive or reset it manually. Follow the instructions on the screen. You can also download the correct version by visiting the official website.
MSI Dragon center app is one of the most popular software for managing your PC setting and customization. But several problems can occur in the software that becomes an issue for you that can happen during typical usage or in games.
I can assure you that the software issues are easy to resolve. You can fix your problems by simply updating the app or other manageable solutions, which I shall give you.
Why is the MSI Dragon center not working?
Your MSI Dragon center can stop working correctly because of one or two corrupted files that cause the issue to arise. Improper Windows permission management and SDK installation are often the cases with the problem.
Keep reading, As I will guide you to learn everything about the software issues and provide you the % easy solutions.
Download MSI dragon Center to tune the lights and custom the visual aesthetics of your PC on your own.
Possible issues with MSI Dragon Center Software
There are many reasons your problem can occur. Usually, the software does not work properly because of one or two issues that block the software processes. As a result, the software shows different problems and detection errors while running.
Here are some of the problems you can face while running the software:
Waiting for SDK Initialization
SDK initialization error is a common problem for the app. This problem usually occurs because of the software not having proper service permissions or files. If you set the correct permissions and install appropriate files, then this problem should not happen.
The dragon center needs the MSI central service to work correctly. If your Windows settings do not allow the central service to open, the app will not function properly. Check the Windows services and enable the MSI central service to avoid errors.
Also, check out our separate post on how to fix MSI Afterburner not working.
If you do not have the correct SDK file installed, then this issue will not resolve. Make sure you have the proper and latest MSI SDK files installed.
MSI Dragon center stopped working
Your software can sometimes not work when you open it. This problem happens because the dragon center is corrupt. If your dragon center is corrupt or not up to date, the software will not open properly.
Check if you have the latest version of the dragon center and if it has the right files. Then the software will open properly. Other problems like not having the correct version of the software or having corrupted files can be the case.
If you do not have the proper permissions from Windows, then this issue can arise too. Check if all the components have permissions to run the software.
How do I fix MSI Dragon Center
Your software can sometimes stop working correctly because of one or two issues. You can fix this problem on your own very quickly.
Here are the steps to fix MSI Dragon Center:
- Download Dragon center from the official website.
- Disconnect the internet.
- Uninstall the software from programs and features.
- Delete dragon center file from C:/Program files(×86)/MSI.
- Restart your PC.
- Install the software.
- Restart your Pc again.
These steps should fix the problem you are facing. You should not face any errors regarding the software anymore.
Also, check out our separate post on how to fix MSI mystic light not working.
How to clean install MSI Dragon Center
You can get a clean version of the software installed on your laptop on your own. The process is not too complicated and you can do it by yourself.
Here are the steps to clean install the MSI dragon center:
- Exit from the dragon center app from your taskbar
- Search the model of your laptop from the official MSI website.
- Find the setup package and save the file.
- Go to the app and features options.
- Uninstall the dragon center
- After uninstalling the app go to your program files
- Open up the hidden item on the show/hide bar.
- Find a hidden item named program data.
- Go to the program data file and find the file named MSI.
- Click the MSI file and install the Dragon center. Make sure that there is no configuration file left of the dragon center before installing.
- Extract and install the file
- Reboot your laptop after installing the app
- Start the app
How to uninstall the MSI dragon center
If you do not want to use the software anymore or plan to download the latest version of the app again, you can uninstall the software. You can uninstall the dragon center very quickly on your own. Also, check out our separate post if your NZXT CAM is not working.
Follow these steps to uninstall the MSI dragon center from your laptop-
- Right-click on the Windows icon
- Select the Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a Program
- Double click on Dragon Center and start the uninstall process.
Is the Dragon center safe to use?
The dragon center does not need any information about your PC, making it very secure to use and download. It has no issues with malware-related problems.
I have used the software, and I have found no problems regarding any malware. There is no problem with viruses. Your computer data also remains risk-free. I tested the software with ten anti-virus software, and I have not found any app threat.
There will be no data loss or violation of privacy from the software. It is % safe to use the dragon center software. Also, check out our separate post on how to fix Logitech G Hub not working.
Question: Can you monitor systems with MSI dragon center?
Answer: You can easily monitor your device processes and systems with MSi dragon center. It showcases a window to update you about the CPU and GPU usage, Temperature, Fan speed, Etc.
Question: Is the MSI Dragon center app right for gaming?
Answer: The Dragon Center is excellent for gaming. It has a gaming mode for you to have the best game time. It disables unwanted processes and gives you reasonable frame rates and clock time.
MSI dragon center is an excellent app to use, but sometimes it causes many problems that can be irritating to bear. The issues are not very big, and all of them are solvable on your own.
You can easily make the issues of your software go away and have a clean performance. The solutions I gave are very elementary, and you can do it quickly.
These problems can sometimes kill your runtime mood, but I can assure you that you can quickly get rid of the problem you face with the software if you follow the steps.
[ Fixes] MSI Dragon Center Not Working on Windows
MSI Dragon Center unleashes the full potential of your MSI hardware, but only when its working properly. Many players are reporting that Dragon Center doesnt work as expected on their rigs. The prominent issues include RGB not syncing/not working and stuck on Waiting for SDK Initialization.
But dont worry if you happen to be on the same boat. Therere several ways you can fix it right away.
Try these fixes:
You might not need to try them all. Simply work down the list until you hit the one that does the charm.
- Waiting for SDK Initialization
- Check for latest Windows updates
- Make sure all drivers are up to date
- Reinstall Dragon Center via Microsoft Store
- Check if your system is corrupted
Fix 1: Waiting for SDK Initialization
Therere many players reporting a stuck on Waiting for SDK Initialization issue. If youre having the same error, you can first try to reinstall Dragon Center completely and see how it goes. Also, you need to make sure the related services are configured properly. Heres how:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and R key) and type or paste services.msc. Then click OK.
- Right click MSI Central Service and select Properties.
- Make sure the service is running, and Startup type is set to Automatic.
Fix 2: Check for latest Windows updates
System updates in Windows 10 provide hotfixes that target compatibility problems. When troubleshooting software issues, you need to make sure youre on the latest system.
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) to invoke the Run box. Type or paste control update and click OK.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will then check for available updates. (Or click Restart now if it prompts Restart required)
Once youre done, restart Dragon Center and check if its working properly.
If this doesnt help you, take a look at the next fix below.
Fix 3: Make sure all drivers are up to date
Dragon Center relies on drivers to control your clock speed and RGB. So more often than not it would be a driver issue, meaning you could be using faulty or outdated computer drivers. You should always make sure you have the latest drivers just so you can get the most of the hardware while avoiding tons of strange issues.
You can update drivers manually, by going to your hardware/laptop manufacturers websites, finding the correct installer and installing step-by-step. But if you dont have the time or patience to update manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support. If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easys support team at [email protected].
Once youve updated all the drivers, restart your PC and test Dragon Center.
If the latest drivers dont give you luck, simply move on to the next solution.
Fix 4: Reinstall Dragon Center via Microsoft Store
Sometimes glitches happen, especially during installation. Or it could be corrupted profiles or config files. In these cases, a clean reinstallation might just fix the issue right away.
- First you need to purge Dragon Center from your system. On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the I key) and click Apps.
- Under Apps & features, click the input box and type Dragon Center. Select Dragon Center and click Uninstall.
- Next, search and uninstall MSI SDK.
- Restart your PC.
- You can now use the installer from the official site. Or you can install via Microsoft Store. To do that, on the bottom left corner, click the Windows icon and select Microsoft Store.
- On the top right corner, click the search box and type Dragon Center. Press Enter.
- Under Apps, select MSI Dragon Center. Click Get to install.
Once completed, launch Dragon Center and check if it works now.
If the issue reappears, take a look at the next solution.
Fix 5: Check if your system is corrupted
If none of the fixes work for you, you might want to check the integrity of your system. We use our PC differently, which makes it hard to troubleshoot programs one by one. In other words, you need a powerful tool to check and repair your system.
Reimage is a professional in Windows repair. It scans your system and repair the files that are missing or corrupted. The difference between Reimage and a complete wipe-and-load is that you can keep any programs, settings and user data.
- Download and install Reimage.
- Open Reimage and click Yes. This will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Wait for Reimage to scan your PC. This may take a few minutes.
- Once finished, youll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click START REPAIR (Youll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Reimage doesnt fix your problem).
Hopefully youve now fixed the problem and can customize your gaming rig. If you have any questions or ideas, leave a comment down below and well get back to you.
1 people found this helpful
MSI Dragon Center is designed for gamers to enhance user’s gaming experience on MSI devices. With MSI Dragon Center you can monitor and optimize your system performance, and it is easy to set up, with simple click to change the user scenario, display color mode, sound effect, LED backlit color and more. Move seamlessly across MSI devices with the new Innovative UI and be confident that you can be invincible in the game. [Important]: Features may vary by product. Support MSI model: - Trident X / Trident X Plus 9th - Trident A / Trident A Plus 9th - Infinite X / Infinite X Plus 9th - Nvidia RTX 20 Series GAMING, DUKE, ARMOR, MECH, SEA HAWK, SEA HAWK EK. - AMD Radeon RX XT EVOKE, MECH. - AMD Radeon RX EVOKE, MECH. - AMD Radeon RX XT GAMING Series - RX XT GAMING Series - GM11, GK30, GH50 - MSI X series motherboards. - Not all MSI notebooks can support this version of Dragon Center.
What's new in this version
/06/08 - Release v /06/22 - Release v /07/06 - Release v /07/23 - Release v /08/17 - Release v /09/03 - Release v /09/21 - Release v /10/16 - Release v /10/29 - Release v /11/02 - Release v /11/23 - Release v /12/05 - Release v /12/14 - Release v /01/10 - Release v /01/28 - Release v /03/11 - Release v /04/16 - Release v /05/26 - Release v /08/17 - Release v
- More Intuitive and clear user interface
- Consistent user experience among all your MSI devices
- Connect to your MSI account
- Performance boost by Gaming Mode
Published byMICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Age ratingFor all ages
CategoryUtilities & tools > Backup & manage
Utilities & tools > Backup & manage
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection
Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection
|OS||Windows 10 version or higher, Windows 10 version or higher, Xbox|
|Notes||additional MSI SDK is required. needs MSI product.; Not support Win10 S edition.|
|OS||Windows 10 version or higher, Windows 10 version or higher, Xbox|
|Notes||additional MSI SDK is required. needs MSI product.; Not support Win10 S edition.|
Dragon center msi
Stream in a Snap
Dummy-proof way to Save & Share your game highlights. We are making it almost too easy.
*The interface and functionality may differ due to version change. Please download the latest Dragon Center through MSI official website.
** only available for APEX Legends, Leauge of Legends, Fortnite
*** Only on eligible products
MSI Dragon Center will automatically save your in-game highlights.
I installed it on the wife's computer. But ended up removing it and installed the older command center I had archived on my backup drive.Currently I am using the msi zA pro motherboard and on the software and utility it only gives me the option of downloading Dragon Center. Would I be able to use command center, is it better?
Maybe but some newer hardware won't work with the older software. The RTX Super lighting requires Mystic light to change it's lighting. Standalone Mystic light doesn't work with that GPU. RTX based GPUs can only use the Mystic Light baked into Dragon Center. Once set you can uinstalled Dragon center just not the MSI SDK or the lighting reverts. Rather disgusting that a GPU of this value lacks bare minimum memory for storing the lighting. Reboot and it keeps using what you set. Shutdown and it defaults to stock lighting until windows has loaded.
By all means give the older software a try or look on manufacturers site as it should tell you. But like I said I'd go with Afterburner for GPU fancurveand definitively for overclocking. Stay away from Dragon centers OC, performance profiles. I gave it a try once and took me ages with useless help from their tech support to find it changed my power setting so CPU was maximum performance all the time. Even at the profile was toggled of and I rebooted system multiple times. When it's not gaming there is no need for my CPU to be at max clocks and my fans running so high. Thats for when gaming and I have headphones on.
Opps, turned into a rant. Bottomline unless you need it don't do it. Afterburner and bios for fancurves and OC'ing is all you need
Report this post
You will also be interested:
- Steam card exchange
- Transparent white stain
- Sea fox boats
- Pavers home depot
- Cave ideas minecraft
- Custom kubota rtv
- Synonyms to understand
- Honda frontenac service
- Protein in salami
- Fenris dragon age
- Car chrysler 300
Threw at least occasionally crumbs of his attention to her. She could not imagine life without him, and he without anal sex. Once, Lesya prepared her vagina, epilated, lubricated her labia with cosmetic. Cream and sexually spread her legs. Fingers caressed the clitoris, smearing the lubricant.